Saturday, April 2, 2011

A lifetime voting

18 March 2011, last updated at 14: 15 ET, many Egyptians say they intend to cast a vote for the first time later in life, such as changes to the Constitution, the referendum will take place on Saturday, 19 March.

Yet, the sharp changes in the society is divided by 25 January revolution, many prominent supporters say does not go far enough. The Supreme Council of the army, that rules of Egypt, is willing to press for reforms in the way that it will stick to its timetable for the holding of parliamentary and presidential elections. within six months. The Egyptians-Tahrir Square, who joined the anti-government protests in explains how they have decided to vote.

Nayra Ijjeh, education consultant

I have to vote "no" because I think the date of the Constitution of the legitimacy of the collapsed [President Hosni] Mubarak left. Attempts to circumvent the Constitution, which no longer exists is not good. I believe that we should have a short transitional period, of the Constitution, something that regulates the powers of the President. We do not need to be more than 200 articles, 90% of which are no longer in force and are in fact contradictory to those that have been changed. We have towards another dictatorship, if we go with the changes only.


All this is said, of course, I have to recognise that some people vote "Yes". They are valid reasons. This is the first time, I turn out the vote, and I respect the result, if it is "Yes".


We must find alternative ways to deal with it. I am hoping and praying, there will be a big turnout. Participation is the key.


I was at-Tahrir Square daily, until Mubarak left. I was fighting for his Facebook as well. This is part of the policy have been taken by the public for the first time. The huge political debate and people are very interested, vocal and articulate. This is a pleasure to hear.

Ahmed Ali Abdul Wahab, engineer for a petrol company

God willing, is "Yes" vote in the end, each Member State, because we deserve security and stability. If all of us to vote "Yes", the next day to continue a normal life and back on the right track. I am praying that rational people to vote "Yes". I think that a majority supports the changes.


I was at-Tahrir Square, not from the beginning, but on 28 January. I never voted before the elections, because you do not trust the old system. This time it is different. I will definitely go and vote. I'll take my sons and my brothers. My brother says he will vote "no" but the pressure is brought to him the right to vote "Yes". This is the democratic process.


I would like to invite all political and religious leaders in this country are caused by pressure on people to avoid multiplying the vote ". Simple people who love them and follow them. However, this is the democratic process, and everyone has to think independently.


It is important to remember that we have made a revolution before and we will do something every day. -Tahrir Square is still there. If something goes wrong and we want to stop them, we always collect and go to the back.

Nur Ayman, political activist, son of opposition leader, Ayman Nur

I vote "no" because of the same Constitution, 40 years after it is clear, it does not achieve anything. Hampering the dictator after 30 years after the revolution succeeded, the least we can do is to set up a new Constitution. It would be a good, solid foundation for the long-term.


Legally, politically and symbolically States to talk about it, it makes a difference if we can say "no". The population and the army, it proves that we have not settled for less than an entirely new Constitution. The problem is not the time it takes to write, because the law professors, and politicians and political parties have been in writing drafts for several years. The problem is related to the implementation of what is in the hands of the army.


I am a little excited about that, for the first time in the history of modern Egypt, the vote is taking a relatively free and fair takes place in the environment.


Still it is a two-sided story, as many think, the sound is too soon because people are not fully aware of these changes mean.

Ahmed

I never voted before the elections, but I will definitely go to the right to vote "Yes" at this time. This is due to the fact that the changes are exactly what we are and what we have been called for from the beginning of the revolution. Can't say that they go far enough, but they are now sufficient. We have other requirements, but to me it is a good place to start.


This process will help create more confidence in humans. It looks to be more democratic and more freedom.


I was at-Tahrir Square on 25 January. We were all calling to end the State of emergency and for political reforms. The constitutional reforms will help in achieving this objective. I am surprised that 25t January against the Youth Coalition has changes since they were the first of these ideals through carefully. I believe that the total amount is "Yes"-vote.


Everyone has got their own voice and opinion. I do not know how to vote for your own family and friends, but I think that it is for me. We must take this step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment